When purchasing a power generator there are many factors to consider. Fuel efficiency and quiet operation are among those factors. Here, we have compiled a list of the best 4000 watt generators in terms of its features, performance, and affordability.
You will find that there are many different generator models and brands to choose from. All the models offer specific features and benefits, so you can choose the one that meets most of your needs. Now, let’s get started with the review and see which one is perfect for you.
We have provided the table of content for your easy navigation. Additionally, it will help to get the overall idea of the whole content at a quick glance.
We have added the comparison table so that you can easily compare different generator models and brands quickly. You will also get some key information about all the generators at the same time.
8 Best 4000 Watt Generator Reviews 2020
We have arranged the powerhorse generator review, including some high performing and fuel-efficient generators to help you better choose the right generator for you.
Pulsar 4,000W Portable Gas-Powered Quiet Inverter Generator with Remote Start & Parallel Capability
- 4, 000 peak watts/ 3, 500 running watts
- Capable of up to 15 hours of extended operation at half load on 3. 4 gallons of fuel
- Convenient wireless remote start allows you to operate the unit from up to 80 ft away
If you are looking for a standard size 4000 watt electric start generator, with a wireless remote start option, then the Pulsar 4,000W Portable Gas-Powered Quiet Inverter Generator is for you. It will allow you to operate the generator from up to 80 feet away.
It can provide 4000 watts of peak power and 3500 watts of running power to connect your important home and electronic appliances and tools. The sine WAVE Technology provides stable and safe backup power for your appliances and tools like laptops, cell phones, and other sensitive electronic devices. It also produces less operating sounds at 63 dB.
The fuel tank can hold 3.4 gallons of fuel, so you will get a continuous and longer backup power of up to 15 hours after fully refilling the fuel tank. It’s never-flat wheels and comfortable handles help you in moving and carrying this generator very easily. It’s an ideal generator for tailgating, camping, and small construction jobs.
Pulsar 4,000W Features:
- Wireless remote start option starts the generator automatically from up to 80 feet distance.
- You will get only 63 decibels of operating noise that is virtually silent from 10 feet away.
- Wheels and comfortable handles are perfect for lifting, carrying, moving, and storing this generator.
- You will get very safe power for charging your laptops, mobile phones, and other sensitive devices.
- Its 3.4 gallons of fuel gives 15 hours of longer backup power for perfect indoor and outdoor purposes.
Champion 4000-Watt DH Series Open Frame Inverter with Wireless Remote Start
- Advanced Open Frame Inverter Design: 50% quieter and 20% lighter than a traditional Champion 3500-watt generator, plus this inverter...
- Wireless Remote Start: The wireless remote key fob allows you to start and stop your inverter from up to 80 feet away, plus the...
- Quiet Technology and Extended Run Time: 64 dBA is great for RVs, tailgating, your next project or home backup, with 4000 starting watts...
This inverter comes with an advanced open frame design which makes it 20% lighter than other traditional Champion 3500 watts generators. It produces 4000 watts starting and 3500 watts running backup power. It provides a clean and safe source of backup power for your appliances, electric devices, and power tools.
Using the wireless remote start, you will be able to start, control, and operate this unit automatically from 80 feet away. This inverter is developed with quiet technology. It’s one of the quiet 4000 watt generators and only generates 64 decibels of noise, so the operating sound doesn’t cause a disturbance to anyone.
The inverter runs on gasoline and contains economy mode for less fuel consumption. It will give you 17 hours of continuous backup power at 25% load after refilling the fuel tank that can hold 2.9 gallons of fuel. You can confidently connect all your sensitive electronic devices as well as other appliances.
Champion 4000 Features:
- You will get 17 hours of extended backup power with only 2.9 gallons of fuel.
- Electric start can help you manage this inverter from 80 feet distance.
- It comes with an optional parallel kit that enhances your power output.
- The cold start technology makes the generator start quickly in cold weather.
- With only 64 decibels of operating sound, you will get quiet performance.
Champion 4000-Watt RV Ready DH Series Open Frame Inverter with Quiet Technology
- Advanced Open Frame Inverter Design: 50% quieter and 20% lighter than a traditional Champion 3500-watt generator, plus our Economy Mode...
- Quiet Technology and Extended Run Time: 64 dBA is great for RVs, tailgating, your next project or home backup, with 4000 starting watts...
- Clean electricity for sensitive electronics: RV Ready with a 120V 30A RV, plus two 120V 20A household outlets with clean power (less...
Champion 4000-Watt RV Ready DH Series Open Frame Inverter is developed with advanced quiet technology. Its performance is 50% quieter than most other traditional Champion 3500 watts generators. Plus, its economy mode option saves fuel and saves your money as well. You will get constant backup power for up to 17 hours from this inverter.
The advanced open frame design has made this unit 20% lighter than most other traditional 3500-watt generator models by Champion. Using the never flat-wheels and comfortable handles, you will get huge portability benefits. This high performing and fuel-efficient inverter is ideal for tailgating, camping, and other outdoor activities.
You will get 4000 watts of starting power and 3500 watts of running power for connecting your laptops, cell phones, computers, home appliances, other electronic devices, and power tools. Its parallel kit option will help you increase the power output by connecting two inverters of 2800 watts or higher capacity.
Champion 4000 Features:
- Fuel-efficient technology that will allow you to get 17 hours of continuous power with a single fuel refill.
- Safe and stable power supply to connect your laptops, TVs, cell phones, etc.
- It’s 20% lighter and 50% quieter than other standard Champion 3500 watts generators.
- Quiet operation technology makes the unit run silently and smoothly.
- Optional parallel kit system allows you to increase power output.
WEN GN400i RV-Ready 4000-Watt Open Frame Inverter Generator, CARB Compliant
- Dimensions: 19.8" L x 13.8" W x 18.9" H | Weight: 66.1 lb
- Generate clean power to safely operate sensitive electronics such as phones, tablets, televisions and computers
- Parallel-ready panel allows you to connect any two WEN inverter generators for increased wattage output
WEN GN400i RV-Ready 4000-Watt Open Frame Inverter Generator is for those who are looking for a reliable and fuel-efficient generator at an affordable price. The power of pure sine WAVE will allow you to connect all your sensitive electronics such as laptops, computers, cell phones, tablets, televisions, and other home or kitchen appliances.
It comes with a 212 cc 4-stroke OHV engine that can offer 4000 watts of surge power and 3500 watts of rated power. This is developed with open frame technology that has made the unit lighter and quieter than many other traditional generator models. The parallel-ready panel will let you connect two different WEN inverters to get more output.
Ultra-fuel efficient technology saves fuel, and with only 1.85 gallons of fuel, you will get more than 7 hours of constant backup power at half the load. This generator also contains an eco-mode switch that lets the engine adjust its fuel consumption rate and makes the engine consume less fuel.
WEN GN400i Features:
- With only 1.85 gallons of fuel, you will get 7 hours of safe and continuous backup power.
- It’s 30% lighter than other standard 4000 watts generators, so you get better portability.
- The 4-stroke 212 cc OHV engine provides you reliable power to connect any sensitive electronic devices.
- Produces power through pure sine wave technology, so you can safely use it indoors and outdoors.
- The low-fuel automatic shut down option will shut off the generator when the fuel level goes down.
Mech Marvels 4000 Watt Dual Fuel Portable Power Generator with RV Outlet, CARB Compliant MM4350DF
- 4, 000 surge watt and 3, 200 Rated running watt can run most household appliances and power tools
- Runs on gasoline or liquid propane fuel, giving you flexibility while out on the road or during an emergency
- 7 HP 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine delivers maximum performance
If you are looking for a highly portable generator to use anywhere without any hassle, then Mech Marvels 4000 Watt Dual Fuel Portable Power Generator is for you. This 4000 watt portable generator comes with functional wheels and handles kit to maximize portability.
It can provide 4000 watts of surge power and 3200 watts of rated power to connect your household appliances and power tools. It’s a dual fuel generator that can run on gasoline and propane. With full tank gasoline or 20 lb. propane, you will get 10 hours of continuous backup power at 50% load.
The 4-stroke engine has a capacity of 7 HP and 212 cc that can offer extended performance. It’s specially designed to control the power output tightly and provide clean and safe power. You can connect your sensitive electronic devices without any risk of damage.
Mech Marvels 4000 Features:
- Functional wheel and handle kit makes for great portability.
- Using the dual fuel option, you can run this generator using gasoline or propane.
- It pays extra attention to voltage and frequency output to provide safe power.
- You will get 10 hours of continuous backup power at half the load with a full tank refill.
- The operating noise is low.
Sportsman GEN4000, 3500 Running Watts/4000 Starting Watts, Gas Powered Portable Generator
Sportsman GEN4000, Gas Powered Portable Generator offers 4000 watts of rated power and 3500 watts of starting power to cover versatile appliances and devices with stable power. It comes with a 4-stroke 7 HP OHV engine that has 212 cc capacity. It includes a low oil shutdown option so that it automatically shut off when the oil level is low.
This 4000 watt inverter generator runs on gasoline. With a full tank of 3.6 gallons fuel refill, it can provide 10 hours of stable backup power at 50% load. The operating sound of this generator is only 69 decibels, so you will not have much noise.
It features four 120 volt outlets and one RV outlet so that you can connect different things and your RV at the same time without any difficulty. This generator also includes a 12 Volt DC outlet so that you can easily charge the battery. You can suitably use it for camping, tailgating, or any other recreational activities.
Sportsman GEN4000 Features:
- 4-stroke 7 HP, and 212 cc OHV engine provides backup power for up to 10 hours at half the load.
- Produces 69 decibels noise only, so you will not have much noise disturbance.
- The low oil shutdown option will automatically shut off the generator when the oil level is low.
- You will be able to connect your sensitive devices such as laptops, cell phones, televisions, etc.
- It’s a lightweight unit, so you can carry it anywhere easily.
Green-Power America GPG4000W 4000W Pro Series Recoil Start Generator
Green-Power America GPG4000W 4000W Pro Series Recoil Start Generator comes with 4000 watts of starting power and 3300 watts of running power to use it for home, emergency, and recreational purposes. It’s a lightweight and portable generator so that you can conveniently use it anywhere you want.
The fuel tank capacity is 4 gallons, and with a single fuel refill, you will get 8 hours of continuous backup power at 50% load. The 7 HP OHV engine of the unit is of very high-quality and can offer durable performance. It also includes a manual recoil start that helps you comfortably start the generator.
It’s very portable, with 8 inches of solid wheels and convenient handles. The noise level of the generator is only 72 decibels. It also comes with two 120 volt AC outlets and one 120 volt twist lock AC outlet to connect your different things. Plus, a 12 volt DC outlet charges the battery.
Power America GPG4000W Features:
- 8 inch solid wheels and convenient handles make the unit very portable and flexible.
- The operating sound of the generator is low.
- It can give you 8 hours of continuous backup power.
- The 4-stroke 7 HP OHV engine is very powerful and durable.
DuroMax XP4000S Gas Powered Portable Generator- 4000 Watt-Electric Start-Camping & RV Ready, 50 State Approved
- Plenty of Power – With 4,000 peak watts and 3,300 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to...
- Powerful Engine – The DuroMax 208cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering...
- Low Oil Shutoff – Protects your investment by automatically shutting the generator off when it senses that the oil is low
DuroMax XP4000S Gas Powered Portable Generator is an ideal generator for home use, emergency use, camping, tailgating, and any recreational events. It can give 4000 watts of starting power and 3300 watts of running power to safely connect your home appliances, electronic devices, and other power tools.
The 4-stroke 7 HP OHV engine of the generator is developed with DuroMax special technology to offer durable performance. Its engine capacity is 208 cc that also has air-cooled spark ignition. The fuel tank can hold 3.96 gallons of gasoline and give 12.3 hours of long-lasting power.
The metal construction has made the whole unit very durable and sturdy. It comes with surge arrest technology that makes the operation quiet. The generator only produces 69 decibels of noise so that you can have quiet operation. It also comes with a recoil start option.
DuroMax XP4000S Features:
- Provides 12.3 hours of continuous backup power to connect your appliances and devices.
- The 4-stroke 7 HP OHV engine is developed with DuroMax special technology to offer better performance.
- It only produces 69 decibels of noise.
- The recoil start option is very comfortable and starts the generator quickly.
- It’s an ideal generator for home or emergency use, tailgating, campaign, or other outdoor purposes.
Buying Guide For Purchasing The Perfect 4000 Watt Generator
Before choosing the best 4000 watt generator for you, there are some important factors to consider. This guide will include all the required factors that you need to consider.
- A generator can run on both propane or gasoline. Depending on the price and availability, you have to choose the fuel option of your generator.
Higher Decibels vs. Lower Decibels
The operating sound of a generator depends on the decibels level. If the generator produces higher decibels, you will have higher noise. So you have to choose the one that produces lower decibels of noise.
- The recommended noise level of a generator is less than 65 decibels.
- Some generators produce more noise after using a certain time.
Pure Sine Wave Technology vs. General Technology
Power generators can operate using pure sine wave technology, modified sine wave technology, or general technology. The safety and stability of backup power depends on the technology used.
- If a generator produces power through pure sine wave technology, it can provide you safe and stable backup power.
- A generator with a modified technology is better than a generator
Open Frame Design and Portability
Open frame designs are always better than close framed designs. This feature makes the generator almost 50% quieter and 20% lighter than other standard generator models.
Better portability of your generator will offer convenience for easy carrying and moving. Wheels and comfortable handles make the generator more portable. A lightweight generator is also easy to carry and move.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many of you ask us some questions related to different aspects of a 4000 watts generator. Considering it, we have provided answers to some of your most frequently asked questions below to remove your confusion.
✅ Is a 4000 Watt Generator enough?
This depends on how many appliances, devices, and tools you want to run with a 4000 watts generator. Usually, it is enough for running a smaller size home.
✅ Can a 4000 Watt Generator run a House?
A 4000 watts generator can usually run a smaller size home, this includes some lights, refrigerator, stove, etc.
✅ What size Generator do I need to run my AC?
If you want to run a room AC, you need a generator with 1500 watts of running power and 2200 watts of starting power. If you want to run a central AC of 10000 BTU, you need a generator with 1500 watts of running power and 4500 watts of starting power.
✅ Will a 1000 Watt Generator run a Refrigerator?
No, you cannot run a refrigerator with a 1000 watt generator. You need a generator with at least 1200 watts of starting and 800 watts of running power
✅ How big of a Generator do I need to power my House?
It depends on what type of things or appliances you want to run with a generator. You can run a standard size house with a generator with 5000 to 7500 watts of rated power.
Our Final Recommendation
We have listed different brands and models of generators in the list of the best 4000 watt generator reviews. All the generators on the list are of high quality and can provide you everything that you need. However, we recommend Champion 4000-Watt DH Series Open Frame Inverter as the best overall generator.
This high performing generator can give you 17 hours of continuous and stable backup power with just 2.9 gallons of fuel. It also comes with an electric automatic start that can help you start and manage the unit from 80 feet away. The operating sound is as low as 64 decibels, so you get a peaceful performance. It also provides fully clean and safe power for your appliances, sensitive devices, and power tools.