What better way to explore the world with your family than with an RV, as it allows you to move around with everything you need on the road comfortably. Your experience would even be better if you had a reliable generator that would keep all your appliances running.
So, you can venture into the middle of the desert while still enjoying the benefits of modern technology. We want you to enjoy your time out in the wild, and that is why we have put this piece together to help you find the best generator for 50 Amp RV.
Let’s start by looking at the best units in the market.
Comparison Chart of Best Generator for 50 Amp RV
We want your search for the perfect generator for a 50 Amp RV to be as easy as it can get. Therefore, we have done all the hard work for you and come up with the best units in the market.
We hope you find one that meets all your unique preferences.
Top 15 Generators for 50 Amp RV:
1. Duromax XP10000E RV Ready Portable Generator
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP10000E is powered by a 439cc OHV DuroMax Engine
- Gas powered technology: run your generator with gasoline For long lasting power.
- Plenty of power: with 10,000 starting watts and 8,000 running watts, This unit can handle heavy loads from lights, refrigerators, home...
Duromax is not a new name in the world of portable generators, and the X10000E unit does not deviate from the high standards associated with the brand. First, the generator is designed to be versatile and can serve you at the job site or be your backup plan at home.
Moving it around should not be a problem, and this is due to the collapsible handle and built-in wheels.
Let’s also talk about the 8.3-gallon fuel tank that can deliver a runtime of 10.4-hours at 50% load. We also loved the power output of 10,000 starting watts and 8,000 running watts to meet all your power requirements.
Lastly, the manufacturer offers a 3-year warranty on residential units and a 1-year plan for commercial ones.
2. Rainier R12000DF Portable Generator
- Dual Fuel – 12000 Peak Watts and 9500 Running Watts (Gasoline); 10800 Peak Watts and 8550 Running Watts (Propane); 6.6 Gallon Fuel...
- Electric Start – Convenient One-Touch Power Switch with Back-Up Recoil Start
- VFT Display – Volts, Frequency, and Lifetime Hours; Full Control Panel Featuring Two 5-20R 120V 20A GFCI Household Outlets, One...
Next up is a dual-fuel unit that runs on either gasoline or propane, whichever is more convenient for you. The power output is decent, whereby you get 12,000 peak watts and 9,500 running watts on gasoline, 10,800 peak watts, and 8550 running watts on propane.
You should be pleased with the electric start that adds to the convenience that this unit offers, while we were also delighted with the numerous outlets that this unit has.
The 10-inch wheels and the comfortable foam grip handles are vital for the ease of moving this unit around.
We cannot forget to mention that this generator is both EPA and CARB compliant and is backed by a 3-year limited warranty.
3. Duromax XP12000EH Generator
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP12000EH is powered by a DuroMax, 457cc OHV engine.
- Dual fuel technology: the ability to run on propane or gasoline allows the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice.
- Plenty of power: with 12,000 starting watts and 9, 500 running watts, This unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator...
Once again, we shall be looking at a product from Duromax, and this should point out the quality that the brand carries. This is a dual-fuel capability meaning that it can run on either gasoline or propane.
We found this unit to be very user-friendly, mainly due to the collapsible handles and rubber tires for easy movement in addition to the electric start that makes everything easier for you.
We liked the great selection of outlets that feature on this unit while it arrives RV-ready for the setup to be relatively straightforward.
Most of all, the unit is covered by a 3-year warranty when used for residential purposes and 1-year for commercial use.
4. Pulsar G12KBN Portable Generator
- 12, 000 peak watts/ 9, 500 Rated watts (gasoline) & 10, 800 peak watts/ 8, 550 Rated watts (LPG)
- Dual fuel capability allows you to choose between gasoline & LPG fuel sources; great for emergency situations or natural disaster as...
- The 457cc, single cylinder, 4-stroke, air cooled, OHV engine with electric start is protected by a durable powder coated frame
If you are looking for the perfect emergency generator, here is an option you should look at. It has a dual-fuel capability which means that you can go for either gasoline or LPG fuel sources. In this case, the availability and ease of storage of the LPG sources make this unit great for emergencies.
Also worth noting is the automatic voltage regulation and low oil shutoff, which are vital features that prevent your unit from getting damaged.
The 8-gallon fuel tank provides you with a runtime of up to 12-hours on gasoline at 50% load while we have little to complain about the power output.
Let’s wrap it up by mentioning the 1-year warranty that aims to give you peace of mind as you invest and use the product.
5. Wen DF1100T Portable Generator
- Switch between gasoline (11,000 surge watts, 8,300 running watt) and propane (9,500 surge, 7,500 running) with the simple turn of the...
- Voltage easily goes from 120V to 240V, perfect for transfer switches and emergency backup
- Electric start powers the 457cc 4-stroke OHV engine with the turn of a key
There is a good reason why Wen considers this particular unit as one of the best generators it has ever produced. First, it is powered by a 457 cc 4-stroke OHV engine with a power output of 11,000 surge watts and 8,300 running watts on gasoline, and 9,300 surge watts and 7,500 running watts on propane.
Next up is the dual-fuel technology, which is supported by a simple switch that allows for effortless switching between the two modes.
As for the runtime, the 6.6-gallon tank provides an 8.5-hour runtime on 50% load, while a 20-gallon LPG tank will give you a 3-hour runtime on half load.
How about the fold-down handles that make the unit easy to transport and store?
Lastly, the product is backed by a 2-year warranty to help you avoid making a loss on your investment.
6. Generac 7676 GP8000E Generator
- Featuring power Rush advanced technology – delivers over 30% more starting capacity allowing you to do more with less
- Dimensions: 27.2" W x 27" D x 26.5 H | Weight: 198 lb
- 10000 Starting Watts. 8000 Running Watts
The outstanding aspect of this unit is the advanced Rush technology that delivers up to 30% more starting capacity, allowing you to use less power to start up more appliances than usual. Then, at 198lbs, this is one of the lightest 50 Amp generators you may ever come across.
We have no complaints about the power output of 10,000 starting watts and 8,000 running watts while the electric start makes the unit very user-friendly.
You can expect the OHV engine that powers the generator to remain in good condition for a decent period due to the splash lubrication feature.
Unlike other units on our list, the outlets are covered for added protection against dust and other debris, while the low-oil feature prevents the unit from getting damaged.
Lastly, the heavy-duty wheels and fold-down handles ensure that you gave the easiest time transporting this Generac generator.
7. Westinghouse WGen9500DF Generator
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts (Propane); Remote Start With Included Key Fob,...
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, and One RV Ready 120/240V...
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil...
Westinghouse is another household name in the world of generators, and it is rare to find any negative reviews on their products. For this reason, we have no reason to doubt the quality that the WGen9500DF has to offer.
This is a dual-fuel generator that runs on either propane or gas, and there is a convenient button that allows you to switch between the two fuels easily.
Another area where this unit outdoes the competitors is the long runtime, whereby it can deliver up to 12-hours of continuous operation at half capacity and up to 18-hours on lower loads.
We loved the remote start feature, whereby you can use the remote key fob to turn the generator and off from a considerable distance away. On top of that, the user-friendly interface adds to the ease of operating this unit, while the attached manual is straightforward to understand.
Finally, this is a well-made unit that is unlikely to break apart easily.
8. Pulsar PG10000B16 Portable Generator
- 10, 000W peak 8000W rated (gas)/ 9000W peak 7000W rated (LPG)
- The powerful 420cc, 4-stroke, OHV, air cooled Engine is protected by a durable powder coated Steel frame
- A large 6. 6 gallon fuel tank give you up to 12 hours of continuous operation at half load when running on gasoline
If you want to enjoy the benefits that dual-fuel generators have to offer, the PG10000B16 is a unit that you should consider looking at. It runs on either propane or gasoline and has an impressive selection of sockets.
The power output is quite remarkable and should be enough to power all your electric appliances.
We cannot leave out the electric start that makes this generator easy to use, while the large wheels and foldable handles make transportation a walk in the park.
You should also appreciate the two-year warranty meant to calm your nerves as you invest in this product.
9. Westinghouse WGen12000 Portable Generator
- 12000 Running Watts and 15000 Peak Watts; Electric Start and Remote Start with Included Key Fob; Up to 11 Hours of Run Time on a 10. 5...
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacles, One 120V L5-30R Outlet, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, One RV...
- Powered by the Ultra Duty 713cc OHV V-Twin Westinghouse Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil...
There is no harm in adding another dual-fuel unit to our list, is there? The WGen12000 generator runs on either gasoline or propane, and it is up to you to settle for the most convenient option.
Then, the fact that the unit can give out 12,000 running watts and 15,000 starting watts means that it can comfortably power your RV or other appliances at your worksite.
As for the outlets, the different options available means that finding the right one for your appliance should not be a problem. Further, the outlets are covered, and this helps keep out dust and other debris.
At 330lbs, this generator is quite bulky, but the collapsible handle and never-flat wheels will make this bulkiness insignificant.
And the 3-year warranty will ensure that you do not end up with a loss of investment.
10. Wen 56380i Portable Inverter Generator
- Dimensions: 23.2" L x 18" W x 20.1" H | Weight: 99.2 lb
- EPA III and CARB Compliant
- 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 3800 surge watts and 3400 rated watts with a half-load runtime of up to 8.5 hours
Even though this is our top budget pick in this discussion, there are a lot of positives that we can draw from this unit that would make it hard to tell apart from the pricier models.
The most impressive aspect about it is the quiet operation at 57dBA, and you can say goodbye to the continuous rattling typical with generators out there.
We were impressed with its fuel-efficiency, whereby the 2.2-gallon tank can deliver a runtime of up to 8.5-hours at 50% load. On top of that, it gives out clean energy to prevent damaging sensitive electronics such as smartphones and laptops.
Also important is the 110lbs weight that is relatively low, enhances the unit's portability.
Other notable features include the numerous outlets, automatic fuel shutoff, and the EPA III and CARB compliance.
11. Duromax XP13000EH Portable Generator
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP13000EH is powered by a 500cc OHV Duromax Engine.
- DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY: The ability to run on Propane or Gasoline allows the Freedom and Flexibility of Fuel Choice.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 13,000 starting watts and 10,500 watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights, refrigerators, home...
The XP13000EH generator does its best to maintain the high standards expected of a Duromax generator, starting with the dual-fuel capability that gives you the flexibility to use either gasoline or propane.
We can confidently tell you that this unit is powerful enough to handle heavy loads, including refrigerators, air conditioners, and other high amperage tools. This capability is made possible by the output of 13,000 starting watts and 10,500 running watts.
And the wide selection of outlets, this generator will offer maximum compatibility with all your electric appliances.
Finally, the CARB and EPA approval in all 50 states means that you will not be restricted to use this generator within a particular location.
12. Generac 6823 XC6500 Portable Generator
- Reliable, Powerful, Durable. JOBSITE STRONG.
- X frame - fully wrapped, heavy duty 12 gauge Steel tube provides rugged durability and protects the generator and fuel tank from damage...
- Steel lifting pocket designed for easier lifting and transportation on jobsites by crane or forklift.
With a power output of 6500 running watts and 8125 starting watts, this is a reliably powerful generator that will meet all your worksite or RV power requirements.
One reason why this unit is suited for the job site is the durability that the 12-gauge steel tube offers by protecting the fuel tank and generator from damage. Further, all the outlets are covered to keep off dust and debris.
We also liked the glove-ready touchpoints that allow you to interact with the unit's panel while maintaining your safety with gloves on. Meanwhile, the idle control feature is crucial for reduced sound output and fuel conservation for longer runtimes.
We shall conclude with the steel lifting pocket that facilitates easier lifting by a crane or forklift while the never-flat tires enhance the generator's manual movement around the worksite.
13. A-iPower SUA12000E Generator
- The A-iPower SUA12000 produces 12,000 starting watts with 9,000 running watts to power your tools at the construction site, camping...
- Powerful 459 cc OHV 4 stroke engine with a low oil alert light and low oil automatic shutdown, helping keep your generator performing...
- Large 7 gallon gasoline fuel tank provides average run time of 7 hours at 100% load and 9 hours at 50% load
This generator is designed to give out 8,000 running watts and 10,000 starting watts, making it powerful enough to power your RV and other appliances at the job site.
Do not worry about how you will get your unit to the worksite, as the wheel kit and collapsible handles are there to make everything easy for you.
The electric start is one reason why this product is very user-friendly, while the numerous outlets ensure that you can power any appliance that needs so. In addition to that, the outlets are covered for your and the generator's safety.
Lastly, your investment will be protected by a 1-year residential and 2-year warranty.
14. Generac 5734 GP15000E Portable Generator
- Generac 992cc OHVI engine incorporates full pressure lubrication with automotive style spin on oil filter for a longer life engine
- Electric start with battery (included) and plug-in battery charger jack
- Hour Meter / Low-oil level shutdown / Idle control reduces noise and conserves fuel
It would not be an exaggeration when we tell you that this is one of the most powerful generators that you can find in the market. With 22,500 starting watts and 15,000 running watts, this unit packs more power than you would expect from a standby generator.
It features a powerful original Generac 992cc OHVI engine and has an automatic low-oil shutoff feature that prevents the engine from getting damaged.
We found it appealing that the unit has a wide variety of outlets for different appliances. At the same time, the brand's popularity means that you should have an easy time finding replacement parts.
And the massive 16-gallon tank can deliver a runtime of more than 10-hours, and it all depends on your current load.
15. Champion 8000 Dual-Fuel Generator
- Package includes the Champion 8000-Watt Portable RV-Ready Dual-Fuel Generator with the Champion Power Vinyl Portable 4,800 to 11,500...
- Fuel type: Gasoline or propane, giving customer maximum flexibility
- Electric recoil start ensures quick start-up, even in cold weather
Here is a generator that comes with a vinyl generator cover that aims to protect the unit and its engine from elements such as rain, UV light, dust, and debris.
It runs on either gasoline or propane and gives you the flexibility to use the most convenient option. Then, the noise output of 74dBA may not be the lowest, but it is acceptable given that it is slightly louder than a vacuum cleaner.
A notable aspect is the electric coil start that allows for a fast startup even in cold weather.
Most of all, the assembly is relatively easy, and you do not need a professional to help you out.
Buying Guide to the Right Generator for 50 Amp RV
Next, we shall look at the factors you need to consider as you search for the right 50 Amp RV generator. These factors will make your task of narrowing down your ideal choice to be much easier.
Here they are:
I) Power Output
Your ideal RV generator should be more than capable of meeting all your power needs. So, ensure that you get a 50 Amp unit with a minimum output of 4000W as this will be well suited to power all the appliances that you may be having for your journey.
II) Fuel Consumption
The next thing you need to determine is how much fuel your unit will be consuming, and you can know this by determining its runtime relative to the fuel tank's size. In general, an ideal generator will run for longer before it requires any refueling.
III) Conventional VS Inverter Design
A conventional generator gives out more power than an inverter due to the bigger engine and a fuel tank with a larger capacity. However, you have to contend with its noisiness that may put you at odds with your neighbors.
As for the inverter generators, they may be pricier, but they have a more stable electricity output and quieter, making them a safer option for sensitive appliances such as medical equipment, laptops, and smartphones.
So, it is up to you to decide which one would serve you best.
IV) Noise Levels
If you want a quiet operating RV generator, go for one with a noise level ranging between 49dBA and 65dBA. Another thing you should know is that the noise level tends to correlate with the engine size and power output.
A lightweight RV generator with sturdy handles would give you an easy time carrying it around. And for the bulkier units, foldable handles and big wheels would facilitate their mobility over rough terrain.
FAQs on Top 50 Amp RV Generators
Before we conclude our discussion, we shall look at a few common queries concerning generators for 50 Amp RVs. We shall attempt to answer them, and we hope you learn something new from this section.
Q: Which is the best fuel for RV generators?
A: Here, we have two options for you, starting with gasoline (gas) due to its availability and propane for its eco-friendliness. So, decide which of the two's benefits appeals to you most.
Q: How long should I run my generator to charge my RV batteries?
A: If the battery has about 20% power remaining, it may take only two hours to charge it fully. However, it could take longer if the battery is completely flat.
Q: What are some of the things I should do to keep my RV generator in good condition?
A: Some of the maintenance practices you can perform on your generator include:
- Lubrication and changing the oil as advised by the manufacturer
- Regular servicing by a professional
- Draining the fuel if the generator won’t be in use for a while
- Proper storage from moisture and falling
The Best Overall
Even though all the units that we have reviewed are of top quality, the one that we felt is superior to the rest is the Duromax XP10000E RV Ready Portable Generator. It has a long runtime of 10.5-hours at 50% load, has an impressively large power output, is easy to move around, and is backed by a 3-year warranty.
Most of all, it is EPA and CARB compliant to keep you on the right side of the law.
Has our article been helpful in your search for the best generator for 50 Amp RV? We hope it has, and if you have grasped all the pointers that we have presented, nothing should stand in your way of finding the ideal unit.
Have a fruitful search, won’t you?