The most important quality to consider when looking for the best power inverter for trucks, cars, or others alike, is the ability to provide a reliable and continuous power supply. This can be done through either pure sine wave or modified sine wave. And if you’re like most, then you don’t bother with knowing the technical details.
With that being said, we have come up with a list of high-quality power inverters that provide you safe and constant back-up power. At the same time, all the models on our list will offer you advanced technology, protection features, and ease of use.
Table of Content
This table of contents is provided for your convenience. Using these links, you can easily and quickly navigate to any section of this article.
The comparison table below allows you to quickly compare different power inverter models and brands. It will help you understand which of them is the best power inverter for trucks.
6 Best Power Inverter for Trucks or Semi Trucks
After comparing different modes of research, customers feedback, and expert opinions, we have compiled a list of the 6 best power inverters for trucks or semi trucks.
- Giandel provides high quality inverters. This heavy duty inverter(Modified Sine Wave) provides 5000W continuous power and 10,000W peak...
- Wide Applications: The remote control is more convenient to control the inverter ON/Off while applied to RV,Truck,Car and Solar System
- Isolated Input and Output Design,Big and Durable aluminum alloy housing provides advanced protection from drops and bumps.Intelligent...
The Giandel 5000W Heavy Duty Power Inverter is considered one of the best power inverters for commercial trucks. It comes with a continuous power supply capacity of 5000W rated power and 10,000W peak power through a sine wave mechanism. This mechanism ensures you have secure power to run your trucks, semi-trucks, cars, RV, home appliances, electronic devices, power tools, etc. without the risk of damaging your property.
One of the best features of this high performing inverter is its ease of use. With the help of a remote control system, you can turn the converter on/off and control it conveniently while utilizing it in your RV, truck, car, or even solar-power system. Along with a secure and convenient power connection, the soft start technology will protect your components from stress due to sudden voltage surges.
Powering your appliances through this inverter is completely safe thanks to the included safety features such as over or low-voltage protection, overload protection, short-circuit safety protection, overheat protection, polarity reverse protection, etc.
Giandel 5000W Special Features:
- Large, durable aluminum alloy housing protects the inverter from drops and bumps.
- Contains an intelligent cooling fan that reduces heat in order to keep it cool.
- Auto-restart function to be used as needed.
- You can effectively use it for both indoor and outdoor activities and necessities.
- The installation of this inverter is very easy for everyone.
- 2000 Watts continuous / 4000 Watts peak, Pure Sine Wave Inverter converts 12V DC to 120V AC Power 60 Hz UL Listed to UL 458. Input...
- Multiple safety features including AC output short circuit protection, Input over-voltage warning and shutdown, Input under-voltage...
- This inverter has 2 GFCI AC outlets, USB Port, Optional remote (part # REMOTEHF) allows for easy on / off if the inverter is in a hard...
If you are looking for a high performing 2000-watt power inverter for trucks, then you should consider the AIMS Power PWRI200012120S Pure Sine Power Inverter. The rated power of this inverter is 2000 watts, and the peak power is 4000 watts. Since the inverter provides pure sine power, your vehicle’s batteries, appliances, etc. will remain safe and protected.
This inverter is ideal for use in your home and vehicles. It’s also great to use in boats, when camping, and during all types of emergencies. It will offer you a reliable backup power supply when the backup is truly needed. The mechanism, technology, and construction of this inverter are extremely high-quality, ensuring reliability.
One of the main concerns while using an inverter is its ability to protect the appliances and components it is used with. In this regard, this inverter comes with a lot of effective protective features such as overload protection, low-voltage or high-voltage protection, over-temperature protection, short-circuit protection, and a lot more.
AIMS Power PWRI200012120S Special Features:
- The optional remote switch for the inverter will offer you ease of use.
- It includes a cooling fan that will protect your inverter from overheating.
- Using the LED indicators, you will be able to see and understand different metrics.
- The inverter is compact in design and lightweight to offer you convenient use.
- It’s been developed with soft start technology to protect your components from damage due to sudden voltage changes.
- POWERFUL - Plug in and charge your smartphone, tablet, and many other mobile devices from the convenient USB port. 2500 Watts...
- VERSATILE - The CPI2590 gives you a power supply through two grounded AC outlets for office equipment and household appliances that...
- LED SCREEN - Digital display that illustrates the vehicle’s battery voltage and device connected current consumption in watts on a...
The Cobra CPI2590 Portable Power Inverter is for those looking for a power inverter for a truck, semi-truck, car, RV, boat, home, etc. This inverter is highly capable of providing you a safe, stable, and continuous power supply of 2500 Watts rated and 5000 watts peak to run your home appliances, electronic devices, and power tools.
The compact design and lightweight features of this inverter have made this unit an ideal one for any tailgate party, camping trip, road trip, or anywhere you travel. Whether you use it in your home or on the go, you will get the required safety and protection every time thanks to the extensive safety and protection features of this inverter.
With this inverter, you’ll get 5 levels of protection to secure your appliances and components. These protective features include thermal shutdown, over-voltage shutdown, low-voltage shutdown, reverse polarity, and low-voltage alarm.
Cobra CPI2590 Inverter Special Features:
- Comes with a digital display that provides an indication of current consumption, battery voltage, etc.
- The inverter supports a remote on/off panel switch to offer you an additional advantage.
- Provides continuous power with modified sine waves that is safe for any appliance or component.
- Very portable because of its lightweight and compact design.
- It also includes a low battery alarm to alert you when the inverter battery is low or there is poor DC wiring.
- ▶ 2000W High Power Inverter ◀: Provides 2000W continuous DC to AC power output, up to 4000W surge capacity, featuring with 3 AC...
- ▶ All-Round Protection◀: Built-in 10*35A mini slip Fuse, Smart Digital Display, 2*Cooling Fan, Audible Alarm, automatic shutdown...
- ▶ ABS Shell ◀: Coming with All-Insulated Ring Terminal Cables which is safer than other alligator clip cables with plastic cover....
The Ampeak 2000W Power Inverter is another great model that will efficiently satisfy your power necessities for your household appliances and large electrical devices such as floodlights, TVs, freezers, laptops, DVD players, PSPs, computers, mobile phones, etc. It’s also an ideal inverter to use as a reliable backup on road trips, while camping, or at work sites.
Using the digital LED display, you will be able to monitor the inverter’s progress and take any actions that may be needed. The inverter is designed to be user-friendly with features including an independent power switch, sturdy ABS shell, convenient mounting slot, and a remote control port.
This inverter offers safety features such as over-voltage protection, low-voltage protection, overheat protection, short-circuit protection, and overload protection. It also comes with an insulated ring terminal cable that is safer compared to other alligator clip cables.
Ampeak 2000W Inverter Special Features:
- Contains 2 cooling fans that protect the unit from overheating.
- Comes with 3 AC outlets and one USB port that convert 12V DC power to standard 110V AC power.
- The working temperature of this inverter ranges from 32°F (0°C) – 104°F (40°C).
- It offers modified sine waves that are safe for all your appliances, devices, and tools.
- The compact and lightweight design offers better portability.
- 【300 WATT CAR POWER INVERTER】Provides 300watt pure sine wave power, 600watt surge power inverter, convering DC 12 volt to AC...
- 【SUPER SILENT AND INTELLIGENT】The smart cooling fan only works when temperature>104+/-41℉ or your loads exceed 100watt. And the...
- 【HIGH SPEED CHARGING】Features 2x0-2.4A,automatically detect and fastest to charge your devices totally 4.8A USB Ports, which can...
If you’re looking for a lower capacity yet powerful inverter, then the VoltWorks 300W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter for Car, Truck, and RV is recommended for you. One of the best features of this inverter is its ability to perform silently and intelligently. The smart cooling fan works to prevent overheating while still producing less noise in comparison to other generators.
This inverter is ideal for road trips, vacations, and while camping. It suits most 12V cars, so you don’t have to worry when traveling with this inverter. You can also use this inverter to run some of your home appliances, electrical devices, power tools, and a lot more without any risk of damage.
Powering your devices, appliances, or tools is very safe with this inverter because it offers the safest pure sine wave power. Along with this, the large number of protective features will ensure the safety of your belongings. These features include short-circuit protection, over-voltage protection, low-voltage protection, overload protection, overheat protection, etc.
300W Pure Sine Inverter Special Features:
- Provides 300 watts of continuous power and 600 watts of surge power.
- High-speed charger can quickly charge 2 devices at the same time.
- It comes with a solid aluminum alloy housing that protects the unit from drops and bumps.
- The included remote controller for this inverter will provide you with ease of use.
- It also includes an external replaceable fuse that protects your battery and electric devices wonderfully.
- 2000 watts continuous power, 4000 watts peak power, Modified Sine Wave Power Inverter converts 12V DC to 120V AC Power - Connect DC...
- 2 x USB charging ports 2.4A each (4.8 total), 2 x standard North American AC outlets. BONUS FEATURE** 3 ft Two Gauge Battery Cables...
- We have your back – This inverter has all the protections that you will need, Overload, Temperature, short circuit and all of these...
The ENERGIZER 2000 Watt Power Inverter is a widely used inverter because of its superior performance and design. This smart inverter can provide 2000 watts of continuous power and 4000 watts of peak power.
It comes with a crystal clear LCD digital monitor that will show you input voltage, output wattage, and battery level, etc. so that you can easily see what steps you may need to take. This inverter’s ultra-silent thermal fan works silently to prevent your unit from overheating.
The inverter also includes several protective features to protect your appliances, devices, and tools. These features include over-voltage protection, low-voltage protection, overload protection, and short-circuit protection. The temperature shutdown feature is also included to protect your appliances.
ENERGIZER 2000 Watt Inverter Special Features:
- Directly connects to a 12V DC battery to provide safe AC power.
- Very portable with a lightweight and compact design.
- The inverter is equally effective while you are on road trips or in vehicles.
- It features 2 standard North American AC outlets with enhanced performance.
- The included charger can charge your devices at an ultra-fast speed.
Buying guide for purchasing the perfect Power Inverters for your truck
In the section above, we’ve provided some of our recommendations for the best inverters for trucks, cars, RVs, boats, home use, and electric appliances, etc. However, there are a few factors to consider before deciding the best one for you. Below are some of the most important factors that you should consider before choosing an inverter:
The first step when choosing a power inverter is to make sure you know your purpose in using it. If you want something to keep in your truck or car to charge your phone or GPS occasionally, then you can choose a smaller size inverter containing a 12V adaptor. However, if you want to use it outdoors or in demanding tasks, you’ll need to consider a more powerful power inverter. If you’d like some more information on the sportsman portable generator, just try reading the sportsman generator reviews.
Every power inverter produces sine waves while converting DC power into AC power. These sine waves, again, come in two types. One is the modified sine wave, and the other is the pure sine wave. An inverter which creates modified sine waves is very affordable, but it creates a little more noise than an inverter which creates pure sine waves. Pure sine wave inverters run silently but are generally more expensive in comparison to modified sine wave inverters.
Safety features are very important especially when on the go. Some of the most important safety features are over-voltage or low-voltage safety, overload safety, short-circuit safety, overheat protection, polarity reverse protection, etc.
Remote controls for your inverter are meant to offer better ease of use. There are a lot of high performing power inverters on the market that you can control through a remote. This control system is very helpful when your inverter is with the battery of your car. It can also help you turn off your inverter from a distance if it doesn’t have an automatic shut-off switch.
Size matters a lot when choosing an inverter as it can offer you ease of use and storage compatibility. If you want your inverter to be more portable or have only a limited space in which to place it, then you can consider having a smaller inverter. But if your power needs are more extensive and storage space isn’t an issue, then you can choose an inverter with a larger size and capacity.
Frequently Asked Question
Many shoppers have some common questions regarding the best power inverters. Accordingly, here we’ve provided the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
Does a power inverter drain the car battery faster?
A power inverter can drain your battery faster if your engine isn’t running and charging your battery. But your inverter will not drain your battery while you are driving your vehicle, so it will work fine as long as you’re driving.
Can I connect more than one battery to the power inverter?
If you own a multi-battery inverter, then you can connect more than one battery to your power inverter to increase its backup.
How long will a car battery run an inverter?
It depends on the amp rating of your battery. If you own a battery with the capacity of 90 amp-hours, then you will be able to run a 400-watt continuous load for approximately 2 hours.
How long will the power inverter supply power?
The duration of power supply fully depends on what types of devices and batteries you are using with the help of an inverter. A battery with a 12-volt capacity will last longer if you use a quality power inverter.
Can I use all types of devices with a power inverter?
The use and connectivity of several types of devices depends on the compatibility of the power inverter. To use a specific device, you should ensure that the device is compatible with your power inverter.
Our Final Recommendation
All the power inverter models we have mentioned above for the best power inverter for trucks are of higher quality and can provide a safe power supply. You can confidently choose any of the models depending on your needs and preference.
However, we would recommend the Giandel 5000W Heavy Duty Power Inverter for a variety of reasons. One of the most important is that it can offer you a 100% safe power supply that is good for your vehicles, home, or electric appliances, etc.
The remote control system will give you more ease of use and control. It includes intelligent cooling fans to protect it from overheating and prevent shortages. It also comes with all the required protective features to ensure the safety of your devices.