Although similar in some respects to the Honda 2200 generator, its upgrade, the Honda EU2200i generator, has many perks of its own. In our Honda EU2200i review, we will be taking a closer look at the wide variety of features and benefits that the new-and-improved generator brings to the table.
In the interest of keeping things short, we will give you a quick overview of the product and a full rundown of its most important features and specifications. Additionally, we’ll discuss the generator’s pros and cons to help you make a more informed purchase decision. Enjoy our comprehensive Honda EU2200i review below.
Honda EU2200i Generator 2020 OverviewTable could not be displayed.
- This popular model can operate a wide variety of appliances, making it perfect for portable use at home, camping, on the jobsite, or...
- So quiet, your neighbors will thank you. The EU2200i operates at 48 to 57 dBA, which is less noise than a normal conversation. This...
- Need more power? Add a second EU2200i for additional power.
Honda EU2200i Features
- Compatibility – The Honda EU2200i generator is a highly portable model that can accommodate many households with various appliances.
- Outdoor Convenience – Its utility extends beyond households. Users can just as easily take the Honda EU2200i generator out camping or on the job site for various tasks.
- Low Noise Level – Even though it sports a powerful motor, the generator is quite silent. It operates at 48 to 57 dBA. To put that number into context, it is quieter than a normal conversation.
- Inverter Technology – As a result of its inverter system, the Honda generator EU2200i model is more stable than its competitors. It also ensures that the power produced by the generator is as reliable as the power generated by household outlets.
- Eco-friendly – The Honda EU2200i generator produces “cleaner” energy than numerous other models in its class. It’s certainly a good choice for users who strive to use environmentally-friendly products.
- Fuel Efficiency – It lasts between 4-9 hours on a fuel tank, which makes it ideal for overnight powering.
- Extension Option – If the generator alone isn’t enough, you can add the Honda EU2200i companion for double the juice. The total will be a whopping 4400 watts.
Honda EU2200i Generator Pros and Cons
The advantages clearly outweigh the disadvantages when it comes to the Honda EU2200i generator. For users seeking a compact and user-friendly generator, it’s definitely a model to consider. However, there are a few minor drawbacks that every potential customer should keep in mind.
Opinions about the Honda EU2200i Generator
The Honda EU2200i generator, the much-expected upgrade for the Honda 2200, is regarded as one of the best portable generators among homeowners. Customers praise it for being quiet, surprisingly lightweight in spite of its bulkiness, and moveable. On top of all that, it is very fuel-efficient, so users should not worry about running out of juice during the night.
The generator uses an inverter system that delivers a stable, consistent, and clean electrical current. The current itself has a stable sine wave signal. In other words, it ensures that even the most sensitive electronic appliances will not suffer damages after being coupled with the generator.
To put this into perspective, generators that do not feature an inverted system (pre-2000 models) generate electricity with a less reliable wave pattern. Consequently, they produce various fluctuations that may cause damage to sensitive electronics after prolonged exposure. Therefore, users are pleased that they can safely use the Honda EU2200i generator to provide sensitive electronics like computers and televisions with power.
The Honda EU2200i generator comes with a DC receptacle, which can be used for charging 12-volt automotive type batteries in a timely fashion. On the other hand, the package does not include a battery charging cable, so users have to purchase it separately. Customers claim that it’s not a deal breaker, but it surely is an inconvenience.
Also in terms of packaging, the portable generator ships with a very comprehensive user manual and… nothing much else. The engine ships without oil (for obvious reasons), to prevent any potential leakages during shipment. As a result, all users will also be required to stock up on juice separately.
Speaking of juice, customers are satisfied that the Honda EU2200i generator runs on both fuel and oil. The oil should be added before the fuel, with the engine itself having a maximum oil capacity of 14 oz (or 0.44 liters).
As a general rule of thumb, for the first few uses, owners should buy SAE 10W-30 oil or any oil which has an API category SJ or later. Make sure to check out the user manual for instructions as to which type of oil is compatible with the generator.
As for the fuel, the portable engine functions on unleaded gasoline, which has a pump octane rating of 86. If the fuel you are planning to use contains traces of ethanol, it should be no higher than 10%.
All in all, the Honda EU2200i generator is a sound choice and an objective upgrade over the previous model. If you are looking for something that can accommodate a wide variety of situations (whether at home or camping), you should consider giving this model a shot.
Have you used the Honda EU2200i generator? Are you interested in trying it out? Let us know what your thoughts are in the comments section.