Portable generators are great appliances to have around. But what most people dislike about generators is the sound. Here, we have compiled a list of the best quiet portable generators. Along with that, most of the generator models come at very affordable prices so that you can easily pick the best quiet portable generator.
We have included 6 brands that are not only quiet in operation but also outstanding in performance and durability. So let’s start our review here and see which generator becomes the best fit for you.
We are going to provide you a table of content so that you will have quick navigation and overall ideas of the content easily. It will also save you time that you can put on other important tasks. This will also make your screening task easier.[lwptoc]
We have added this comparison table for your convenience. This table will help you compare different generator models and make a quick decision for the best one. It’s a great way to get some key points of different generators.
Quiet Portable Generator Reviews
Without the right background knowledge, selecting the best quiet portable generator can be a difficult task. Here, we have listed some of the higher quality quiet generators for you so that you can easily choose one:
1. Pulsar 4,000W Portable Gas-Powered Quiet
- 4, 000 peak watts/ 3, 500 running watts
- Capable of up to 15 hours of extended operation at half load on 3. 4 gallons of fuel
- Convenient wireless remote start allows you to operate the unit from up to 80 ft away
Pulsar 4,000W Portable Features
Pulsar 4,000W Portable Gas-Powered Quiet Inverter Generator is one of the best low noise generators that offer higher performance at lower noise. The operating noise of this generator is only 63 decibels and is virtually silent from 10 feet distance.
The peak power of this generator is 4000 watts, and the running power of the generator is 3500 watts. At this level, you will be able to connect your required home appliances without any difficulty. Moreover, the power supply you will get from this generator is fully safe, and your appliances will remain protected.
The fuel tank capacity of this generator is 3.4 gallons, which can provide you a continuous power supply for up to 15 hours of extended operation at 50% load capacity. One of the best features of this generator is that you will get a convenient wireless remote start option from the unit, which will allow you to start and operate the generator from up to 80 feet away.
- Never-flat wheels and convenient handle, for added portability.
- The parallel capability of the generator will allow you to connect 2 PG4000iSR units together easily for extended power output.
- Using multiple outlets and sockets, you will be able to charge and power different devices.
- It also includes an oil bottle, oil funnel, spark plug wrench, and some other necessary tools.
2. WEN 56380i Super Quiet 3800-Watt Portable
- Dimensions: 23.2" L x 18" W x 20.1" H | Weight: 99.2 lb.Dimensions: 23.2" L x 18" W x 20.1" H | Weight: 99.2 lb.Engine Speed : 3600...
- Extremely quiet operation minimizes noise;, EPA III and CARB Compliant
- 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 3800 surge watts and 3400 rated watts with a half-load runtime of up to 8.5 hours
WEN 56380i Super Quiet 3800 Features
WEN 56380i Super Quiet 3800-Watt Portable Inverter Generator comes with different helpful features and specifications for maximum performance. The generator can give you 3800 watts of surge power and 3400 watts of running power so that you can connect your home and electronic appliances and devices.
The engine capacity of this generator is 212 cc, and the 4-stroke OHV engine of the generator provides continuous performance year after year without any difficulty or issue. At 50% load, the engine can provide you the runtime of up to 8.5 hours continuously. The power supply is also safe and reliable for your appliances and devices.
Because of the extremely quiet operation by this generator, a lot of users consider it as one of the best and quietest generators on the market. With the fuel shutoff option, the lifespan of this generator can be better maximized and the remaining fuel in the carburetor of the unit is used before shutting off.
- Produces clean and safe power that prevents damaging your sensitive devices and all others.
- The digital load and fuel display of this generator will show you load capacity and fuel amount, and others.
- The operating noise of this generator is as low as 57 decibels.
- Using the automatic electric start, you will be able to start your generator from far away.
- The generator produces power through the pure sine wave.
3. Westinghouse iGen4500
- 4500 Peak Watts and 3700 Rated Watts at Less Than 3% THD; Telescoping Handle; Gas Powered; Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric...
- Features a 5–20R 120V Duplex Household Outlet, an RV-Ready Tt-30R 30 Amp Outlet and Two USB Outlets – Great Choice for Travel...
- Led Data Center: Rotating Digital Display Shows Fuel Level, Power Output, Remaining Run Time, Voltage Output, and Lifetime Hours
Westinghouse iGen4500 Features
Westinghouse iGen4500 Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator is the quietest generator on the market right now. The operating noise of this generator is only 52 decibels. Using this generator means you are getting the best power supply without any noise or disturbance.
The rated wattage capacity of the generator is 3700 watts, and the peak wattage capacity of the unit is 4500 watts. As a result, you will be able to connect a large number of required home and electronic appliances and devices in your home without any tension.
The fuel tank capacity of this generator is 3.4 gallons which ensure the required amount of power backup for your home or job site or vehicles. With the full tank fuel refill, the generator will give you a continuous power backup of up to 18 hours at a quarter of the load. This means you get an extended period of power backup from this generator with a little amount of fuel consumption.
- The digital display of the generator rotates and gives you indications of fuel level, power output, remaining run time, voltage output, etc.
- The generator comes with an efficiency mode that lets you have the maximum fuel-efficient benefit.
- The 4-stroke 7 HP engine has a capacity of 224 ccs that can perform superbly great.
- Using 5 V DC USB ports, you can connect different external devices or tools without any difficulty.
- This lightweight generator is very easy to move or carry with the help of the convenient handle.
4. Atima Inverter Generator 2000 Watts
No products found.
Atima Inverter Generator 2000 Features
The Atima Inverter Generator 2000 watts is a very high-quality generator, and the engine of this generator is made by the most popular and globally recognized Yamaha Company. This engine is considered the best engine in the world for higher performance and lower maintenance requirements, even if you use it for a long time. With this generator, you can run most of your appliances at the same time with little to no sound.
One of the best parts of this generator is its safety option and advanced technology that is not available in other models. It’s developed with Atima Smart Technology that ensures higher safety and innovative smart throttle of the generator automatically adjusts the speed of the engine to come to the level of the current load.
- Very sturdy and durable and developed for rugged use so you can use it year after year.
- Includes a convenient start option.
- The maintenance of this generator is very simple, and you will not need to pay much for that.
- The operation of the unit is very quiet.
- Highly portable and compact frame.
5. Briggs & Stratton P2200 PowerSmart Series
No products found.
Briggs & Stratton P2200 Features
Briggs & Stratton P2200 PowerSmart Series Inverter Generator is one of the most fuel-efficient generators on the market at an affordable price. The starting wattage capacity of this generator is 2200 watts, and the running wattage capacity of the generator is 1700 watts to connect a lot of things in your home.
The fuel tank capacity of the generator is 1 gallon that can give you a run time of up to 8 hours at a 25% load. The included USB port of this generator will help you charge your portable electronic devices and accessories. You will also get a parallel connector in this unit that will help you get a connection between 2 units.
- The operation of this unit produces 59 decibels of noise.
- Easy carry with the smart H-handle design.
- The power supply you will get from this unit is very safe and reliable for your appliances.
- The sturdy and stable construction of the unit ensures long-lasting performance so that you can use it year after year.
6. Rainier R2200i Super Quiet Portable Power Station
- 1800 Rated Watts and 2200 Peak Watts; Gasoline Powered; Up to 13 Hours of Run Time; Gasoline Powered; 1.3 Gallon Fuel Tank
- Rainier 79cc OHV 4 Stroke Engine with Easy Access Recoil Start; Features “Eco (Economy) Mode” for Conserving Energy and Maximum...
- Super Quiet Operation; Enjoy a Hushed Hum of as Low as 52 dBA While Providing A Stable Power Source for All Your Sensitive Electronics...
Rainier R2200i Features
If you are looking for a reliable generator that can offer you super quiet operation, then Rainier R2200i Super Quiet Portable Power Station Outdoor Inverter Generator is for you. This generator comes with the rated wattage power of 1800 watts and peak power wattage of 2200 watts so you can connect all your required appliances.
The 4-stroke OHV engine of this generator has 79 cc capacity, and it’s so sturdy that you will get excellent performance for year after year. The capacity of the fuel tank of this unit is 1.3 gallons that can offer you 13 hours of runtime without any hassle.
- Stop and reset the button.
- Low oil alarm that will warn you when the oil level goes down, and you need to refill the tank.
- Overload alarm and output indicators.
- Comes with a built-in the control panel.
- The generator produces 52 decibels of noise.
5 Steps to Make Your Generator Quieter
If you already have a generator, then purchasing a new one may seem excessive especially if the one you have works fine. But fear not, as there are still ways to make your generator operate at quieter levels.
Step 1: Soundproof the Generator
One of the easiest ways to make your generator quieter is taking some steps to make it soundproof. The vibration of each generator is what causes it to create more noise. So reducing the vibration will ultimately reduce the noise level. You can place some rubber legs to your generator to reduce vibrations.
Step 2: Extend the Distance of your Generator
A simple hack is to simply move your generator away from you in terms of distance. It will be better if you keep the unit at least 20 feet away from your working or living place.
Step 3: Upgrade the Exhaust Pipe and Keep it away
Since the exhaust is the loudest part of your generator, you should keep it away and try to upgrade it after a certain time. It’s better to use a longer exhaust pipe as it can reduce the noise level to a great extent. Replacing the generator muffler with a newer one can make all the difference.
Step 4: Position the Generator Properly
You can reduce the noise of your generator by placing it on a flat surface so it will not vibrate and produce extra sound. You can use leveling feet to your generator for better adjustment with the ground. Placing your generator in an open area will also help you reduce the noise as well.
Step 5: Install Sound Deflectors
The sound deflectors are objects or devices that turn the path of the nose to another way. After installing sound deflectors, your generator will start to provide quieter performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their corresponding answers to help you better gain an understanding of generators.
Is an Inverter Generator better than a Regular Generator?
Most of the time, an inverter generator is better than a standard generator because an inverter generator is smaller, lighter, portable, and quieter. It is also fuel-efficient.
Can you put a Silencer on a Generator?
You can put a generator muffler silencer on a generator.
Can you Soundproof a Generator?
You can make a soundproof box for a generator to reduce the sound of the generator. Many users use a soundproof box for a generator.
Can you run a TV off a Generator?
Yes! You can easily run a TV using your generator, and you can also run a lot of other home and electric appliances with your generator.
Is it safe to run Electronics on a Generator?
It is completely safe to run electronics, power tools, appliances, and any other electric thing with a generator.
Our Final Recommendation
The list of the best quiet portable generators will give you not only a continuous and stable power backup but also peace of mind for quiet operation. In conclusion, we would recommend the Westinghouse iGen4500 Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator for several reasons.
This generator can provide you one of the best quiet performances as it only produces 52 decibels of noise. You will get a continuous power backup for up to 18 hours from this generator. Moreover, it also comes with the fuel efficiency mode that reduces fuel consumption. The generator is also highly portable so you can carry and use it anywhere.